[SATLUG] .config file for make or scripts?

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 18:23:47 CDT 2010

I'm looking for a way to do 'make --jobs=4' simply by typing 'make'. Is there any .conf file I can edit to make this the normal 'make' behavior?
Or should I just create a script, such as 'mj4', containing that command, and run 'mj4' instead of 'make'? I guess I should probably do this... besides, it would be a shorter command to type anyway. I suppose I should create 'mj3' and 'mj2' as well, and similar scripts for 'make install' too.
In any case.
I will make those scripts, but I still would like to know if there is any way to modify the configuration for the make command.

John C.