[SATLUG] CHKDSK for Fedora?

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Thu Apr 8 14:22:22 CDT 2010

If you are wanting to fsck the root fs at boot, you can run the
following before reboot:

touch /.autofsck

If you want it to fsck every boot, you can run:

tune2fs -c1 /dev/sda1

Of course, /dev/sda1 would be whatever partition needs to be fsck'd.

There's not really any reason to do that every boot, unless you're
really paranoid. The only time I ever run a fsck is if there are
problems. And most times, if you need to fsck, there are probably
going to be problems that are going to be difficult, if not
impossible, to recover from. My suggestion would be to implement good
backups so that when you need to fsck, you are ready to recover.

--
Daniel J. Givens