[SATLUG] OO3 missing Impress

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 10:57:23 CDT 2010

Every time I ask on this list, a few minutes later I find the solution ;)

Anyways, anybody else using Slackware should write this down..

The problem was the way rpm2tgz missed some extensions, rather
truncated about 8 extensions causing Impress to fail.

cd to /opt/openoffice.org
find . -name "*.xc"

It should find the following:
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/WriterFormWindowState.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI/DbRelationWindowState.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/UI/StartModuleCommands.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/UI/DrawImpressCommands.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/schema/org/openoffice/Office/UI/BasicIDEWindowState.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Office/Common/Common-impress.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/res/en-US/org/openoffice/Office/UI/BasicIDECommands.xc
/opt/openoffice.org/basis3.1/share/registry/res/en-US/org/openoffice/Office/UI/ChartWindowState.xc

Those with the .xc extension should be .xcu and .xcs

Rename all .xc in schema directory to .xcs and the rest is .xcu.

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu

Bioinformatics Core Facility