[SATLUG] Eve Online for Linux

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Tue Apr 13 13:57:49 CDT 2010

On Apr 13, 2010, at 1:07 PM, Dylan Nelson <cold2na at gmail.com> wrote:

> Has anyone had any success with running Eve while using a Linux
> distro?
> Trying to prove a point to some people at my work that Linux can do
> anything
> every other operating system can do. Their retort is Gaming! I am
> not having
> so much luck running this with wine.

My brother ran it for a long time, but I heard that they recently
dropped "official" Linux support. That said, they were basically just
distributing it packaged with Wine, so you should be able to get it
going. You might look at Cedega or CrossOver's gaming app. They're
both Wine-based products.

--
Daniel