[SATLUG] USENIX HotOS XIII Call for Papers Now Available

Lionel Garth Jones lgj at usenix.org
Fri Apr 23 14:08:04 CDT 2010

On behalf of the 13th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems (HotOS
XIII) program committee, we are inviting you to submit your new ideas
about computer systems research.

Computing systems are expanding beyond the traditional roles on the
desktop and datacenter: they now encompass a broad range of new
technologies, including body-implantable embedded devices, complex
networks inspired by biological principles, nanorobotic swarms, and
massive-scale stream processing systems spanning multiple continents. At
the same time the advent of cloud computing, ubiquitous wireless
Internet access, and powerful mobile devices is ushering in a new era of
network-centric computing. These new thrusts lead to tremendous open
challenges for computer systems design for the next decade and beyond.

HotOS takes a broad view of systems, including operating systems,
storage, networking, languages and language engineering, security, fault
tolerance, and manageability. We are also interested in contributions
influenced by other fields such as hardware design, machine learning,
control theory, networking, economics, social organizations, and
biological or other nontraditional computing systems.

We solicit position papers of five or fewer pages that propose new
directions of research, advocate non-traditional approaches, report on
noteworthy actual experience in an emerging area, or generate lively
discussion around an important topic.

To ensure a vigorous workshop environment, attendance is limited.
Participants will be invited based on their submissions' originality,
technical merit, topical relevance, and likelihood of leading to
insightful technical discussions that will influence future systems
research.

Paper submissions are due Saturday, January 15, 2011, 11:59 p.m. EST
(hard deadline).

For more details on the submission process, please see the complete
Call for Papers at:
http://www.usenix.org/hotos11/cfpa/

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Matt Welsh, Harvard University
HotOS XIII Program Chair
hotos11chair at usenix.org

Call for Papers
13th Workshop on Hot Topics in Operating Systems
May 8-10, 2011
Napa Valley, CA
http://www.usenix.org/hotos11/cfpa/
Submissions Deadline: January 15, 2011, 11:59 p.m. EST