[SATLUG] Separate X Sessions with Dual Monitors

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Thu Aug 5 09:24:26 CDT 2010

Are your monitors displaying separate content already?
(Or are they using twin view?)
Which graphics card are you using?

You're running Ubuntu, so you're probably using a newer version of X
that doesn't have to use xorg.conf but can. You can however probably
initially avoid manually tweaking the xorg.conf depending on how you had
set up twin view.

what does xrandr --query tell you?