[SATLUG] Ubuntu's wifi is teh suck, plus flash update

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Aug 5 22:52:55 CDT 2010

> Wireless on Linux, even with supported wifi devices, sucks.

< snip >

> Overall, wifi on laptops is probably the worst thing (IMHO)
> on Linux right now, so maybe others would like it fixed too.

This has been discussed here many times, guess you either missed
or forgot.  Wifi is only as difficult as one makes it, especially
with the availability of PCI dongles and research on supported
chipsets.

I'm responding via laptop wireless, 200 feet from my router through a
few oak tree's with no problems (using a pci dongle), while
watching and listening to a streaming video.

You will note I trimmed my response.

HTH   Lou