[SATLUG] Ubuntu's wifi is teh suck, plus flash update

Phil visuris at swbell.net
Fri Aug 6 09:44:56 CDT 2010

I know nada about the inner workings of linux....but I do know that the
Ubuntu 10.04 that I loaded on a Toshiba satellite laptop that had Vista
installed (no one wanted the machine cuz of that)works just fine, thank
you linux!

I have a wired/wireless router that I entered the laptop's NAT....and
BINGO!!! The dang thing (ubuntu) worked right out of the gate.
Ya see, I installed the Ubuntu along side the Vista and now what a
pleasure to using this laptop dual-booting to linux and not to vista.

The reason that I am using linux is because my main machine(VMWARE
W-7/Wxp) mobo's Raid 5 configuration was quiting on me. I sent it back
to intel and got another board in return. So, desperate times calls for
desperate action and Voila...enter the Big Bambu...Ubuntu to the rescue.

I spend most of my computer time on the laptop now and am lazily
rebuilding the main machine.All of a sudden there is no rush back to
Windows. Besides, W7 is confusing me too, too much...
Phil