[SATLUG] usb issues

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Aug 8 08:02:09 CDT 2010

> On Aug 7, 2010, at 19:12, Borries Demeler <demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu> wrot=
> e:
>
> > I am trying to mount a 4 GB ATP ProMax SDHC memory card from my camera
> > onto my filesystem by sticking in it into my 10-in-one USB adapter.

No, not sure, but I am not clear on whether this is a kernel function or
a cardreader function.

> Are you sure the reader supports SDHC? If so, I have seen Linux be finicky a=
> bout some card readers. What happens if you hook the camera up directly to t=
> he system and try to mount it that way?=

I had tried that without success - and got a single message (nothing was repeating):

usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
usb 1-6: New USB device found, idVendor=04a9, idProduct=31ea
usb 1-6: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
usb 1-6: Product: Canon Digital Camera
usb 1-6: Manufacturer: Canon Inc.

I took that to mean that the camera (Canon EOS T2i, relatively new)
is not supported by the kernel. Digikam probably has a driver for it, though.

I'm afraid that your thought of the reader not supporting SDHC memory maybe
right on target. I may be able to find a camera driver and use that instead.

Thanks,

-b.