[SATLUG] usb issues

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Aug 8 08:51:46 CDT 2010

> usb 1-6: New USB device found, idVendor=04a9, idProduct=31ea

Have you tried gphoto2?

I saw this listed in older gphoto rules:
ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="30ea", ENV{ID_GPHOTO2}="1",
ENV{GPHOTO2_DRIVER}="proprietary", MODE="0660", GROUP="video"

but not in the newer /etc/udev/rules.d/025_libgphoto2.rules

To get gphoto working with my camera, I had to play around with it a
bit. I can only download pictures right after I plug it in. However, I
had to have successfully probed for the camera type upon plugging it in
earlier.
Shortly after plugging in the camera, before it settles:

gphoto2 --auto-detect -P

or possibly

gphoto2 -usbid=04a9:30ea

see what: