[SATLUG] usb issues

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Aug 8 13:17:17 CDT 2010

> >> Did you look in /dev/ for a new device?  If so try to use mount from the
> >> command line.
> >
> > There are new USB devices, but when I try to mount them it says:
> >
> > mount: /dev/usbdev1.23_ep02 is not a block device
> >
> > and I get a bunch of messages like this:
> >
> > usb 1-6: USB disconnect, address 15
>
> It then seems like a driver issue to me, but it may be HW related.  For
> instance the reviews on Amazon are pretty poor for this reader:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/ATP-ProMAX-Memory-Reader-AF-CRMBK-MV1/product-reviews/B001BJ9R62/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Hmm, that's not my reader at all. It must be misidentified by Linux. My
reader is about 8 years old and was sent as a freebee along with my last
microdrive purchase in 2002.  I would be very surprised if this reader
(for which I dont have any specs, it is a no-name brand) can support SDHC,
even though it has a slot for this card dimension.

I have a newer slackware install on a different drive, I'll boot into that
and see if it supports it through the camera.

-b.