[SATLUG] usb issues

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Sun Aug 8 15:08:45 CDT 2010

> The camera fails? For me I have to scan the camera with gphoto2 in the
> first 5-10 seconds after plugging it in for it to work. More accurately,
> I plug in the camera (a Canon), turn on the camera and poll with gphoto2
> within about 5 seconds... Once the camera goes through some internal
> check it's no longer accessible.

That may the issue, I'll try that again, but I think I did try to be
very quick. Plus, Digikam (which uses libgphoto2) allows you to scan
the camera, but this scan invariably fails, no matter if I use PTP mode,
or access the USB Image volume path. Occasionally, I can navigate to
the DCIM directory, but when I try to display the images there it fails.
They are definitely there, the camera displays them just fine.

-b.