[SATLUG] anyone figure out how to run .profile under X?

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Mon Aug 9 15:42:12 CDT 2010

When logging in via XDM/KDM/GDM, it would be nice if one could
set envars for everything to inherit, or do other log-in/out functions.

I have something I did over 10 years or so for command line:
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/dot_profile.html

Feel free to borrow it.  You can now drop all site-local stuff in .profile.local.

Only problem is that it won't get run when logging in via X and starting a shell.

What's a person to do?
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction