[SATLUG] Terminal problem

John Hammer jhammer at alamo.edu
Mon Aug 9 12:20:57 CDT 2010

Normally I'm a lurker and have learned a lot from the discussions here.
Now I have to ask the group to help solve one of my problems.

I am running Ubuntu and am having a problem with Terminal not starting.
When I click on the Terminal icon it flashes on and then off. Pressing
Alt-F2 and typing in gnome-terminal accomplishes the same thing.

Typing in Konsole after pressing Alt-F2 opens that window with a message
saying /bin/bash crashed. I've reinstalled both gnome-terminal and bash
with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John Hammer