[SATLUG] Terminal problem

Othniel Graichen othniel at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 16:35:16 CDT 2010

I'd like you to do a test to help isolate the problem.

Switch to Virtual Terminal 1, and login using your normal user name and
password.
Try a command.  Then logout.

Switch back to Virtual Terminal 7.

If you are able to do this your bash is fine and the problem is with
Xwindows.
I say that because you have already tested both the gnome and kde terminal
programs which both fail.  You might also want to test xterm.

Let me know what you find.  To switch to a particular virtual terminal, hold

down the ctrl and alt keys then press the desired Fn key like F1 or F7.

Othniel