[SATLUG] usb issues

herb cee hc at lookcee.com
Mon Aug 9 16:48:57 CDT 2010

On 08/09/2010 09:56 AM, John D Choate wrote:

>>> If it is an 8 year old card reader, and you are using a 4gig SD card, then that is the problem. The 4gig card is SDHC and will never be read by that card reader.
>>
>> Any recommendations for a good multipurpose reader?
>>
>> -b.
>>

> There are so many on the market and almost any will do fine. I have one that I got at a camera shop which is small and only reads SD(SDHC) and MMC cards. This one may do just fine:
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820223088
>
> You may want to check a camera shop too, like Ritz/Wolf.
> This IOGEAR reader is a 12-in-one and should do the job nicely. Wolf might even have it in stock in-store.
> http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/EP45733714.htm?bct=;cimemory;cimemory-card-readers

Well little over yr ago I went to Ebay and I bought two new USB-2
readers one has a so+ in one + a splitter that splits the usb port into
3 port females and the other was plain 19 in one they both were less
than $10 and both work great on all the Ubuntu versions out of the box.
Both are no name China units.
hh