[SATLUG] OT: Example of graphical data charting

Robert Pearson e2eiod at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 00:25:03 CDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 5:10 PM, herb cee <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:

> This was just sent to me, it is supposed to be from government records but
> I hav not verified that.  Looking for a job is tough in this economy, and
> this map shows why.
> Runs from Jan 2007 to May 2019 and is a very graphic presentation of what
> has happened.
>
> http://cohort11.americanobserver.net/latoyaegwuekwe/multimediafinal.html
>
> hh
> --

Thanks, herb.
I sent this along to all the unemployed and under-employed people I could.
It will either help or push them over the edge.
Some people will look at this and say, "With all this manure there has to be
a pony here somewhere!". While the people who could help produce ponies for
all of us are sitting in a corner (no one can get behind you there)
clutching all their toys and glaring at everyone saying "Where's my
bonus!!!".
I still believe that if we could find some leadership the "green"
technologies and processes could solve most of the unemployment.

It could be a lot worse. Most of the great landmarks and wonders of the
world were built with slave labor. People who lost a war or were too weak
(or not war-like) to defend themselves. I wonder what our great landmarks
and wonders will be?

The infographics are very interesting. Timelines are one of my favorite
uses.
Do you know of a quick and easy way or program to do this?
Most of them seem to be written in Java. Not sure why...