[SATLUG] anyone figure out how to run .profile under X?

Henry Pugsley henry.pugsley at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:26:43 CDT 2010

Put everything in .bashrc then source .bashrc from .profile, then you get
the same for login and normal shells.

On Aug 9, 2010 3:42 PM,
<travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org<travis%2Bml-satlug at subspacefield.org>>
wrote:

When logging in via XDM/KDM/GDM, it would be nice if one could
set envars for everything to inherit, or do other log-in/out functions.

I have something I did over 10 years or so for command line:
http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/dot_profile.html

Feel free to borrow it.  You can now drop all site-local stuff in
.profile.local.

Only problem is that it won't get run when logging in via X and starting a
shell.

What's a person to do?
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction