Android, was Re: [SATLUG] Jail Breaking is now Fair Use

brian lewis astro at
Wed Aug 11 09:36:45 CDT 2010

I have an EVO. While I haven't fully rooted mine (honestly there hasn't been a real need - especially with Unrevoked, which is coming out with a 'forever' version very shortly -, I haven't found the need. I can tether via USB without a problem and with no real speed issues when going over 4g. There's a ton of really good apps out there as well, and the phone is a beast.. Now that it's running 2.2 (first carrier to release 2.2 to a phone), the phone is much, much snappier and just feels extremely responsive.

I highly recommend it. It's a beast of a phone, and the price point is pretty attractive. I'd recommend going into a sprint store and playing around with one if you're considering the purchase, though.

Hope this helps - if you have any questions let me know.

Brian Lewis, RHCE