[SATLUG] Sendmail Auto BCC

Daniel J. Givens daniel at rugmonster.org
Fri Aug 13 00:57:37 CDT 2010

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 05:51:40 +0000, "Daniel J. Givens"
<daniel at rugmonster.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 15:15:18 -0500 (CDT), Leif Johnson <leif at paisd.net>
> wrote:
>> I'm considering adding a Barracuda Email Archiver to our school network.
>> In order for this to work I will need to setup journalling (MS Exchange
>> terminology). I'm using sendmail and I hear the sendmail equivalent is
>> "auto bcc."
>>
>> Can someone offer me some advice on how to setup auto bcc in sendmail?
>> My sendmail version is a bit archaic: sendmail-8.13.8-1.fc5.
>
> You have to use a milter with sendmail as it doesn't have the
functionality
> built in. My friend Google pointed me to this:
>
> http://www.snertsoft.com/sendmail/milter-bcc/

I forgot to mention, that's not FOSS. There are other ways to do it with
sendmail though. Google it.

Oh good god, I just realized that's on a Fedora Core 5 box! I hope that
thing isn't Internet facing! You should go ahead and stand up a new box
with an actively maintained distro, like CentOS if you prefer the Red Hat
style. When you do that, go ahead and install Postfix.