[SATLUG] SSDs - any help?

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Fri Aug 13 11:32:52 CDT 2010

So my calculations show that maintaining a HDD here (CA) costs
$30-60/mo, which means I should look into SSDs.  Anyone used theses?
Can I plug them into a SATA controller, or is the controller some
weird hardware I have to buy?  Anyone have good experiences with
Linux?  I cannot afford to spend time troubleshooting them, but need a
good alternative to the power usage problem.  By comparison the cost
of the drive is cheap.
--
A Weapon of Mass Construction