[SATLUG] Partition Management

Todd W. Bucy r3d91ll at grandecom.net
Thu Aug 19 03:46:07 CDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 13:15 -0500, J. Michael Morse wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> Installing Kubuntu 10.4 gave me an all or none scenario.  I could use
> either the entire disk, or manually partition the disk.  So much for
> all of those great options y'all were mentioning . . .   (yes, I am
> whining    ;) )

just curious but what particular options were you looking for.  If you
used the live cd you should have had at least 3 options presented to you
durring the install process:

1. use the whole disk automaticall partioned by the installer
2. use free space and and dual boot.  automatically partitioned by the
installer
3. manuall partition using the built in partitioner (I am pretty shure all of the 'buntu use gparted.)  this option is ussually marked for experts or advanced.

Todd