[SATLUG] SSDs - any help?

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 11:09:43 CDT 2010

Part of my installation/configuration routine is to install any
Intel-related packages so that my motherboard's features can be completely
utilized.

microcode.ctl - Intel IA32/IA64 CPU Microcode Utility
intel-microcode - Processor microcode data file for Intel CPUs
cpudyn - CPU dynamic frequency control for processors with scaling
cpuid - Intel and AMD x86 CPUID display program
inteltool - Dump Intel CPU / chipset configuration parameters
etc...

If you use the stock Intel video chip, also see...
xserver-xorg-video-intel - X.Org X server -- Intel i8xx, i9xx display driver
xserver-xorg-video-i740 - X.Org X server -- i740 display driver

I'll post this with more detail on my web site when I get a chance.

good luck,
Daniel
http://youcanlinux.org/