[SATLUG] dual booting my windoze box

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Wed Aug 25 19:30:54 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 05:01:23PM -0500, Enrique Sanchez wrote:
> thnx to all, I used these steps, and repartitioned the disk with
> GParted, the data survived the windoze boot record, did not

If anyone dual-boots Ubuntu with Windows 7 I'd like to hear
your stories; I want to reinstall on a single drive.

I had serious issues with GRUB2 and two OSes on two drives; basically
I can only boot if I have a single drive plugged in.  I hate mixing
things, since Windows tends to be a bad neighbor, but energy
costs are suggesting that one drive is better.
--
It asked me for my race, so I wrote in "human". -- The Beastie Boys