[SATLUG] dual booting my windoze box

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 22:52:36 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Enrique Sanchez
<esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com> wrote:

> thnx to all, I used these steps, and repartitioned the disk with
> GParted, the data survived the windoze boot record, did not, but that
> is ok, I wasn't planning to go back as I had already tested the apps I
> needed to run on a 2ndary box.
>
> the only missing thing is HW support for the 802.11g card, I should
> find about that in a couple of minutes.
>
> best regards,
> esv.
>
> --

well, surprise surprise surprise,

I installed Ubuntu 10.x and it detected an existing Windoze partition,
asked whether I wanted to install it side to side or do a full disk
reinstall, I went with the side to side one, somehow it fixed the
windows boot record or I was too impatient with the previous boot (I
booted the windows partition out of desperation trying to fix a
problem with OpenOffice's calc program), but the end result is that
now I have a dual boot machine.

I haven't been so lucky in the wifi land but that does not worry me
much yet....yet.
> Enrique Sanchez Vela

Enrique Sanchez Vela