[SATLUG] dual booting my windoze box

Doug ftm at satx.rr.com
Wed Aug 25 23:20:28 CDT 2010

I have as a server a amd 64 dual quad running the 64  bit version of Windows
7 professional, and am running Ubuntu 32 bit in virtual space.  It has a 1.5
tb drive with a 200 gb partition set aside for the Linux, which is
supporting Postfix and does duty as a mail server.
I have a 2nd virtual  space with another Linux installation supporting web
services and the third virtual space hosting a MySQL database. The database
supports the web sites hosted. Each virtual space is assigned a specific
amount of processor percentage.
I set this up as an experiment but found it runs great, and does not break a
sweat running all the services on one box and only requires one fixed IP
number.
And one network card. Each service talks to the other as needed as well.
This has now run for a year with only the occasional reboot as the software
updates are installed.  I connect to each service remotely for
administration.

My point is that Linux and Windows will work together quite well.