[SATLUG] is there any need for a 64-bit binary on Linux?

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Fri Aug 27 17:42:22 CDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-27 at 12:34 -0400, Enrique Sanchez wrote:
> another reason to think of moving to 64bit is to avoid the 2038 time
> limit for 32bit envs.
>
> regards,
> esv.

> --
> Enrique Sanchez Vela

As was pointed out to me when I brought this up, gcc has been updated to
allow a longer time since the epoch and finite number of seconds that
would have run out in 2038 has been expanded well beyond anything that
will concern us.
--
Al (Yes, I wrote COBOL code in the 1970's that wouldn't have passed the
Y2K test) Castanoli