[SATLUG] Foxnews videos

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 20:11:51 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Michael <mmorse757 at gmail.com> wrote:
> xbuntu
> firefox 3.6.12
>
> Does anyone have problems viewing videos on the Foxnews website?  I get
> a dark square but no video.  Neither do I get any type of error message
> to help me diagnose what the issue is.   :(

Well, first you should be ashamed about surfing to Fox (except for the
Simpsons).

I have Xubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-27-generic).  When I first opened
one of their videos, I did see a plain black box with no movie controls.
Then I used my NoScript control to allow java, and then it worked.  It
sounds like your firewall or browser may be keeping a Fox java script
from working?
My limited knowledge of flash player and java keep me from suggesting
any further solution.

HH
--
Howard Haradon