[SATLUG] syslog a particular level

Aaron Hackney aaron at aaronhackney.com
Mon Dec 13 21:15:00 CST 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Enrique Sanchez
<esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 7:42 AM, Aaron Hackney <aaron at aaronhackney.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Greg Swift <gregswift at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Take the /var/log/system.log line and add local4.none too it like this:
>>>
>>> *.notice;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;mail.info;news.err;local0.none;local7.none;local4.none
>>> %/var/log/system.log
>>
>> Greg, thanks man! I'll give it a try and let you know!
>> -A
>>

> Aaron,
>
> form your syslog configuration, you had:
>
> *.*                     /var/log/cisco-syslog

Hello Enrique
I noticed that, but I assumed it would only catch-all from the IP
Addres + fw.aaron.pvt?

> that is a catch all configuration and will have ALL syslog messages,
> not only the ones coming from your firewalls.
> change it to
>
> local4.* ....
>
> regards,
> enrique.

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people
who have come alive." -Dr. Howard Thurman

Aaron Keith Hackney
aaron at aaronkeithstudios.com
Cell 210.325.2196