[SATLUG] Meet at Rackspace?

c P sargonemail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 19:25:12 CST 2010

> On Dec 15, 2010, at 6:50, r3d91ll <r3d91ll at grandecom.net> wrote:
>
>> Rackspace sounds great but the rumors I have been hearing over the last
>> week begs a better question....Will Rackspace still be in San Antonio in
>> a year?
>
> I can't speak officially for Rackspace, but I work for Rackspace and haven't
> heard anything about us going anywhere. That wouldn't make sense considering
> the infrastructure investments that have been made in The Castle (Old Windsor Park Mall).

I think this is what the "rumors" are related to:
Business section on page 2 of Dec 15, 2010 San Antonio Express-News of
article "Rackspace might close 2 sites" talks about Rackspace weighing
it's options
as 2 S.A. data centers' (SAT 1 and SAT 2) leases are ending (some time over the
next several years).  Two reasons given for the possible non-renewal
consideration
for SAT 1 && SAT 2 are that other sites which are more energy
efficient and more
economical.  Per the article, jobs at SAT 1 and SAT 2 would be shifted
elsewhere
within the company if the SAT 1 && SAT 2 sites were not renewed.

Craig