[SATLUG] Meet at Rackspace?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Wed Dec 15 23:50:21 CST 2010

On Wednesday, December 15, 2010 07:25:12 pm c P wrote:
> > On Dec 15, 2010, at 6:50, r3d91ll <r3d91ll at grandecom.net> wrote:
> >> Rackspace sounds great but the rumors I have been hearing over the last
> >> week begs a better question....Will Rackspace still be in San Antonio in
> >> a year?
[...]
> I think this is what the "rumors" are related to:
> Business section on page 2 of Dec 15, 2010 San Antonio Express-News of
> article "Rackspace might close 2 sites" talks about Rackspace weighing
> it's options
> as 2 S.A. data centers' (SAT 1 and SAT 2) leases are ending (some time over
> the next several years).

Yeah guys.. those are just our legacy data centers.. not the HQ. We're in the
HQ for the long haul.

Those of you who I got into the back-side of the mall saw that we're really
building out some of the larger spaces now.. for like 5 years out at least.

You don't just pick up and leave after a build out like that.

Plus.. we debated all the other places in the country like 8-10 years ago..
Austin, Silicon Valley.. North Carolina... We saw San Antonio as a place that
was out home, was disaster free, had cheap power, low cost of living.. and the
Founders wanted to stay here too.

No worries there..

BTW.. XCSSA just did a quick +1/-1 vote and it was unanimous.. we're going.
Looks like our Jan meeting will be there. I think Charles is doing another one
of his famous Xmas light demos. This year he's brought DMX lighting controls
into the mix:
	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8K502fnO6g

Should be a hoot..  Jan 17th.. 7pm.. Rackspace! (more details.. next year.. :)

Tweeks