[SATLUG] Meet at Rackspace?

John Champion satlugacct at jchampion.com
Fri Dec 17 08:07:01 CST 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:26 PM, mark <mark at kandm-solutions.com> wrote:

> I work in the CIS department computer lab at SAC.
> We still install Linux on machines for students in the computer lab at
> SAC. Unfortunately most of the students at SAC don't see learning about
> Linux or other UNIX-likes as important. We try to highlight it's
> importance in the lab but it is a struggle.

Hello all,

I too, would be more likely to attend meetings there at Rackspace. I've
never gone to SAC because of the parking issues which I've known about since
my years working in local TV news.

Mark--I teach Linux at UIW and I have to say that I am getting quite a
different response. They are eager to learn Linux because they know
companies like Rackspace, Hostgator, and ServerBeach are anxious to hire
people with a significant Linux background.

It has also helped having a couple of students in each grade level who love
the OpenSource environment which I have been blessed to have.

In any case...if you need a hand with anything give me a holler...

John