[SATLUG] The End For Delicious?

Aaron Hackney aaron at aaronhackney.com
Mon Dec 20 10:45:23 CST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Robert Pearson <e2eiod at gmail.com> wrote:
> {Suspicions Confirmed}
> Former Yahoo Exec: “Delicious Is in Peril,” Sale Unlikely
> <http://mashable.com/2010/12/19/delicious-yahoo-exec-opinion/>
> [Article excerpt]
> While rumors and responses about bookmarking service Delicious swirl
> around the web, one former Yahoo and Delicious employee who maintains
> close ties with relevant teams says the service’s future is most
> certainly in jeopardy — in fact, he speculates that while the data may
> end up stored somewhere, the service itself has a slim chance of
> survival.
>

> Since I have years of bookmarks on Delicious (~4000 of them), I am a
> little concerned.
> Anybody else have this situation?
> What are you looking at for alternatives?
> Any easy way to move 4k of bookmarks?

I exported my bookmarks from Delicious and it was a 1 click import to
get them into my diigo account. But, diigo is getting slammed with
Delicious refugees, so it took them 3 days to process my bookmark
import but they are all there now!

> I know I can export my Delicious bookmarks to a CSV file on my home
> computer. Would this be a good thing to do?

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people
who have come alive." -Dr. Howard Thurman

Aaron Keith Hackney
aaron at aaronkeithstudios.com
Cell 210.325.2196