[SATLUG] Meet at Rackspace?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Dec 20 22:29:30 CST 2010

On Friday, December 17, 2010 09:04:45 am Peter Cross wrote:
[...]

I'll also give the folks in charge (at Rack) the feedback about the hassle at
the gates.

[SAC]
> The point is finding the physical space to park.
[...]

> I would much rather
> put up with a professional security guard who is only doing his job than to
> have deal with the idiosyncrasies of SAC.

Although I'm obviously biased for meeting at Rackspace.. I must say... I've
NEVER had a single issue with parking at SAC (except for the dark days of
construction which are now over).. and I've been attending (as the XCSSA
president.. well.. since we moved to SAC from the Balconnes Heights community
center over 8 years ago.. and that's like 96 meetings straight (minus one or
two hear or there).

But Peter also makes a good point about Rackspace parking.. folks should keep
in mind that the entrance check is a small price to pay, as the added security
keeps local thugs out of our lot, and out of your dash so that we can all
enjoy the meetings, worry free. ;) Especially for you mobile Ham rig guys.. :)

Tweeks