[SATLUG] OT: Net Neutrality Vote

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:42:58 CST 2010

scs at worldlinkisp.com wrote:
> It is my understanding Net Neutrality is coming up for a
> vote today, therefore this is our last chance to express
> our agreement/disagreement with this legislation giving
> unelected government agencies the power to regulate and
> control the internet.
>
> Hopefully concerned Satlug members will take the time to
> review the issues and contact their Congressmen and
> Senators asa[ and make their desire known.

Today's vote is by the FCC.

The FCC's regulations are "worse than nothing," wrote Al Franken. Free
Press' Timothy Karr called the FCC's rule "toothless," "riddled with
loopholes," and a sign that the FCC "has given its stamp of approval to
online discrimination."

Senator Franken is a strong supporter of real net neutrality.

My understanding is that Congress has to approve it too.  With the
incoming Congress, I think it's all much ado about nothing.

   -- Bruce