[SATLUG] New User - card, college courses & printer questions

Aaron Hackney aaron at aaronhackney.com
Fri Dec 24 08:37:32 CST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 3:06 PM,  <cdv7 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Christmas Greetings SATLUG Members,
>
> Last year I wanted to send out an e-card I made to all the members but I was
> told the file was too large.

You might find someone who has Adobe Acrobat (I do actually on my
Mac). Acrobat has an option to "Reduce file size". It works quite well
if your output device is a screen. If you are printing, you will lose
a bit of quality. But, the file size is greatly reduced.

It was suggested I put it on a website and post
> the link, but the best I can do for now is send it off list to those who
> respond. The card was designed in Open Office and is in a PDF format. I hope
> to receive some feedback suggesting additional instruction to improve my
> skills in the form of college courses for credit.
>
> Additionally, as my printer recently died, I would welcome suggestions for
> the best buy for a reliable monochrome laser printer on a budget. The color
> ones are really nice but I think a simple (not multi- function) B&W is the
> most I can afford at this time. Below is a link to the best deal I could
> find thus far.
>
> _http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=224-9632&~ck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=10&baynote_irrank=0
> <http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=224-9632&%7Eck=baynoteSearch&baynote_bnrank=10&baynote_irrank=0>_
>
> Thank you,
> ~cdv - new user

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people
who have come alive." -Dr. Howard Thurman

Aaron Keith Hackney
aaron at aaronkeithstudios.com
Cell 210.325.2196