[SATLUG] Need a +1/-1 vote on monthly meetings at Rackspace

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Mon Dec 27 16:33:54 CST 2010

<Local LUG geek hat>
Ok folks... we've been debating this for weeks now.  We've all heard the
pros/cons for moving SATLUG meetings to Rackspace (XCSSA already voted to move
several weeks ago).. Can we each just reply with an +1/-1 vote?
Not to fan the coals of the monthly SATLUG-TPBP debate, but for this purpose..
please top post your vote so that we can get a quick/accurate count. ;)

Besides the two open issues below.. if anyone else has any additional
thoughts, please include them BELOW your +1/-1 vote.

<Racker rep hat>
Hey Howard/Don..
On the future SATLUG meetings at Rackspace vote; Can you all get a count (if
you feel all the questions have been addressed) and get back with John and I?
From what I've read, the two semi-open issues are:
	* Having dedicated rackers to assist with building access
	* Streamlining remaining parking access process

On the dedicated-racker-bodies side for building access.. I think that John
and I are setting up an internal Rackspace mail list (with around a dozen
internal Racker volunteers) that you or anyone can send to to verify
people/resource availability (or ask for help) with regards to building
access.  The thinking here is that the week before a meeting, the meeting
announcement would be CCd to this list (to announce and request the
resources)... and also function as a backup life-line for SATLUG folks
pounding on the doors (e.g. the mail list could function as a backup life-line
to dedicated internal Rackers that folks could send from their phone (or
whatever) to get everyone in if someone's dropped the ball).

I'm just back into town today and am starting to work on streamlining these
final issues. Get us the +1/-1 vote counts.. and any additional/outstanding
concerns and John and I will work on getting them addressed.

Thanks all,

Tweeks