[SATLUG] Need a +1/-1 vote on monthly meetings at Rackspace

Nate Turnage pixelnate at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 19:52:15 CST 2010

+1 in favor of Rackspace.

~Nate Turnage

Sent from my Palm Pre
On Dec 27, 2010 4:34 PM, Thomas Weeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote:

<Local LUG geek hat>

Ok folks... we've been debating this for weeks now.  We've all heard the

pros/cons for moving SATLUG meetings to Rackspace (XCSSA already voted to move

several weeks ago).. Can we each just reply with an +1/-1 vote?

Not to fan the coals of the monthly SATLUG-TPBP debate, but for this purpose..

please top post your vote so that we can get a quick/accurate count. ;)

Besides the two open issues below.. if anyone else has any additional

thoughts, please include them BELOW your +1/-1 vote.

<Racker rep hat>

Hey Howard/Don..

On the future SATLUG meetings at Rackspace vote; Can you all get a count (if

you feel all the questions have been addressed) and get back with John and I?

>From what I've read, the two semi-open issues are:

	* Having dedicated rackers to assist with building access

	* Streamlining remaining parking access process

On the dedicated-racker-bodies side for building access.. I think that John

and I are setting up an internal Rackspace mail list (with around a dozen

internal Racker volunteers) that you or anyone can send to to verify

people/resource availability (or ask for help) with regards to building

access.  The thinking here is that the week before a meeting, the meeting

announcement would be CCd to this list (to announce and request the

resources)... and also function as a backup life-line for SATLUG folks

pounding on the doors (e.g. the mail list could function as a backup life-line

to dedicated internal Rackers that folks could send from their phone (or

whatever) to get everyone in if someone's dropped the ball).

I'm just back into town today and am starting to work on streamlining these

final issues. Get us the +1/-1 vote counts.. and any additional/outstanding

concerns and John and I will work on getting them addressed.

Thanks all,

Tweeks

SATLUG at satlug.org