[SATLUG] server configuration

Enrique Sanchez esanchezvela.satlug at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 11:21:10 CST 2010

I am having an issue with 2 different servers, these are SuSE 10sp3,
while they are supposed to be using the same configuration, I have a
different vi experience on each of them,

on both servers I open the same file, yep, name and access bits are
the same, while on one I get the full experience of color coded syntax
highlights, on the other I don't, the process I use to access the
servers is a bit different, although I think it shouldn't matter.

to access ServerA, I just use ssh to access it thru a socks server,
while to access ServerB, I first login to ServerA, then I use ssh to
access ServerB, while this could be the issue, there are other servers
in the environment that preserve the syntax highlighting to which of
them I still use ServerA as a jump server.

I've checked, the TERM variable (same on both), :set all (same on
both) and the VIM level on both servers, checksum on .exrc is the same
for both. any more settings to check??

thanks,
esv.

--