[SATLUG] info, advice training

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 16:55:57 CST 2010

the best way I learned linux was to use it for everything.  If I wanted to do video editing, I searched for Linux apps, went through all the drama of broken dependencies, fixing them etc.   I also wanted Linux alternatives to Windows apps, so I started down that learning path.  Then I wanted to host my own website so I built a Linux server (now a Solaris server).

Windows is a necessary evil.  If you end up fixing other peoples computers a majority will have Windows.