[SATLUG] info, advice training

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 20:48:13 CST 2010

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, hc at lookcee.com <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:

<SNIP>
I am retired. I do not work for a
 living & cannot comment to earning money using this knowledge. I
doubt there is a short path to become strong enough to perform in more
than a newbie capacity, Alex is correct, most potential customers do run
 MS-OS.
hh

Hopefully I didnt butcher your reply Herb.

As a side note, take your early experience with Linux and "Free help" with a grain of salt.  On some Linux forums, you may get some RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) replies which may turn you off.  This list in general has quite a few very experienced Linux users, so be as detailed as possible if you need tech help.  Hang in there, my dad, 72yrs old, has been using linux for quite a few years after I migrated him off of a problematic Windows box.  Its a journey that is well worth the time and effort.

-Alex