[SATLUG] info, advice training

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Tue Dec 28 21:42:14 CST 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alex Bartonek" <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 2010 20:48
To: "The San Antonio Linux User's Group Mailing List" <satlug at satlug.org>
Subject: RE: [SATLUG] info, advice training

--- On Tue, 12/28/10, hc at lookcee.com <hc at lookcee.com> wrote:

<SNIP>
I am retired. I do not work for a
 living & cannot comment to earning money using this knowledge. I
doubt there is a short path to become strong enough to perform in more
than a newbie capacity, Alex is correct, most potential customers do run
 MS-OS.
hh

Hopefully I didnt butcher your reply Herb.

As a side note, take your early experience with Linux and "Free help" with a grain of salt.  On some Linux forums, you may get some RTFM (Read The Fine Manual) replies which may turn you off.  This list in general has quite a few very experienced Linux users, so be as detailed as possible if you need tech help.  Hang in there, my dad, 72yrs old, has been using Linux for quite a few years after I migrated him off of a problematic Windows box.  Its a journey that is well worth the time and effort.

-Alex

NP Alex, I totally agree, no blue screen of death, seldom ever a freeze and easy to get out of with no hassle, plus over 25.000 totally free and supported mostly programs ... Wooohoooo YES. I also enjoy the hell out of this journey. At 80 I know that I have some gone mental capacity but I think just keeping up with the constant evolving performance of LInux is helping me with cognitive ability.

Perhaps that is just whistling in the dark but I gonna claim it. Glad your dad is going for it.

hh