[SATLUG] info, advice training

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Wed Dec 29 00:55:24 CST 2010

Ernest you are so right, I will also add since the distro is Ubuntu 10.10 for any search at all I always use that phrase first and it really narrows the search down for a 'distro how to' and I prefix a Linux general tech ? with Linux ...

I think the most confusing thing for me was I did not understand root, nor dot files, nor permissions and the command line paralyzed me. Especially since I also did not understand that you should cd (same as DOS change directory) into the directory that contains the data that the command is concerned with.

I do not recall ever finding a doc that list those and lots of other simple things that is assumed that you know how to do the first steps, perhaps Renee will document one, lol.

Anyway good luck and have fun.
hh