[SATLUG] info, advice training

Scott Coil scott at chaos-dragon.com
Wed Dec 29 09:08:57 CST 2010

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 15:03:24 -0600
Renee Dockery <rdockery84 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have no real computer training. I learned how to use a computer
> after being given a used one in 1997. After getting tired of Windows,
> I switched to Ubuntu about 2 years ago. Everything I've learned has
> been by using the computers, and some occasional forum reading, and
> books when I needed help. I would really like to know more about how
> Linux works. Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive online or local
> course(s)? I've also thought of learning computer repair. Does anyone
> know of courses that don't require Windows training?
> I'm mostly interested in learning for my own benefit. But if I can
> earn a few dollars here and there with my new knowledge, that would
> be great, too. Thanks for your help!

Probably the best way I ramped up my Linux knowledge was to help out in
the Ubuntu IRC room. There are always people needing assistance in
there with issues that you can help out with once you have the
knowledge or just reading in on other peoples problems and solutions
offers a huge wealth of knowledge. Not to mention its an excellent way
to give something back to the community that put together an awesome OS.

Scott