[SATLUG] cortado applet for streaming web content

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Wed Dec 29 11:43:40 CST 2010

A lot of you may be aware of this already, but I thought I would mention
it just in case. While trying to avoid linking to other peoples videos
(youtube) or using proprietary software to create them I found a great
java applet. The cortado applet uses open source (and is open source)
video and audio codecs and java (requires the java runtime environment)
to display audio/video files on webpages. I thought it was pretty cool
and I'm using it for some videos on my site
http://cis.sac.alamo.edu/~mmayfield/main.php?page=watch.

Its supposed to replace the funtionality of the html5 video tag for non
html5 pages or even in them as a back up for non html5 browsers.

This works great in conjunction with flash (one as a back up to the
other). Most people will have either flashplayer or the jre.

if interested its here:
http://www.flumotion.net/cortado/

if you're wondering my videos use the applet in valid xhtml strict and
work in firefox and ie (should work in all browsers that support the
jre).

--
kandm-solutions.com