[SATLUG] wifi question

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Wed Dec 29 11:58:43 CST 2010

> On Ubuntu 10.4, you click on the Network Manager Applet and a list of SSIDs
> is
> presented.  When you click on the one you desire to connect to, a popup
> dialog
> for the appropriate type of encryption is automatically presented.
>
> This user interface has improved dramatically in Ubuntu since I started
> using version 6.06.  I guess that was 4.5 years ago.
>
> What Linux are you using?

Sorry, I am using Slackware and it doesn't come with a GUI setup for wifi.
I was using cli for configuring my wireless until now, and it always has
worked except in the WPA case.

> Do you have any job openings there at the HSC for me?

Sorry, I don't have any openings at this time, talk to me again in 6 months. If funding
becomes available (I will know by then) we may be able to use another programmer.

-b.