[SATLUG] info, advice training

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:22:38 CST 2010

Renee Dockery wrote:
> Thanks for all the great input! It looks like I'll continue reading books on
> Linux for now, maybe spend some more time at the forums. The Open Source
> Fest sounds interesting, too.
> I thought studying for some sort of certification would help, but nobody
> mentioned that. I guess I'm just making things more complicated than
> necessary. (I do that from time to time.)

I don't know what employers are generally looking for in the way of
certification, but for me there are really only two that are meaningful,
LPI and RedHat.

One thing to remember is that a certification can possibly get you an
interview or actually in the door, but what you really know makes the
difference between keeping a Linux job or not.

   -- Bruce