[SATLUG] info, advice training

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 19:22:38 CST 2010

Renee Dockery wrote:
> Thanks for all the great input! It looks like I'll continue reading books on
> Linux for now, maybe spend some more time at the forums. The Open Source
> Fest sounds interesting, too.
> I thought studying for some sort of certification would help, but nobody
> mentioned that. I guess I'm just making things more complicated than
> necessary. (I do that from time to time.)

I don't know what employers are generally looking for in the way of
certification, but for me there are really only two that are meaningful,
LPI and RedHat.

http://www.lpi.org/
http://www.redhat.com/certification/rhce/

One thing to remember is that a certification can possibly get you an
interview or actually in the door, but what you really know makes the
difference between keeping a Linux job or not.

   -- Bruce