[SATLUG] Do you know any Texas schools or educators that use Gnu/Linux?

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Thu Feb 4 06:58:39 CST 2010

> What is this for?

That's a good question. As an educator, I'd like to be able to network
with other educators and schools that use Gnu/Linux. It would also help
to build up a support system. (I understand that Gnu/Linux has a great
community support structure, but many conversations in regards to
education can best take place (or are more meaningful) within a context
of educators.)
One example:
Bob is a tech coordinator. He wants to know if a Gnu/Linux system is
right for him and his school. He gets on his local LUG list and talks to
a lot of great people but at the end of the day they won't have had
experience with the programs and configurations he's interested in e.g.:
Which textbooks do you use with that?
What about the credit recovery programs?
How does Study Island, Grade Speed, A+, D2SC, ... work with that?

I'm also sharing a talk with educators and thought it would be helpful
to have a map of schools using Gnu/Linux (Debian edu does something
similar.)

My preliminary presentation layouts are here:
http://linuxltsptcea2010.pbworks.com/
http://linuxltsptcea2010.pbworks.com/FAQs

Thank you.