[SATLUG] OT: Router-related question

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:37:37 CST 2010

I can tell you from personal experience that TW cycles the same equipment
between customers (broken or not). Before I mess with your router, I would
replace the modem. Just take it in and tell them that it's bad. They will
exchange it for a new one. See if the behavior persists. I once had a
similar behavior and it had something to do with the splitter the install
tech had placed in the box outside. They sent a tech out and once he put in
the new splitter, the problem went away.

If the behavior persists, take the router out of the equation and hook up a
linux box directly to the modem. See if the box loses connectivity as well
or if it maintains it. If it maintains connectivity, the router may be the
issue and may need to be replaced. If it also loses connectivity, the
problem is most likely on the TWC side.