[SATLUG] help with tcpdump (grab a beer its a long post)

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Sun Feb 21 08:31:15 CST 2010

This is an interesting thread.

What are you checking for? RST packets received right after syn packets?
not receipt of ack packages after syn-ack packages?

What approach will you take?
Would keeping a list of received syn packets on the stack and removing
them when ack packets are received or tracking all the syn-ack packets
you send and waiting for the ack packets work?

Which tcpdump switches did he not need?